Facts about Earth
1. Earth is the only planet where people live.
2. Earth is a third planet from the sun.
3. Earth is made up of three layers: Crust, Mantle, and Core.
4. We celebrate earth day on 22 April every year.
5. Earth is around 4.5 billion years old.
6. Earth’s speed of traveling around the sun is 30 kilometers per second.
7. Earth has only 3% fresh water and 97% salty water.
8. Earth’s atmosphere is made of dust particles, nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and carbon dioxide gases.
9. Earth’s atmosphere is divided into 5 layers: Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Thermosphere, and Exosphere.
10. Earth takes approx. 23.9 hours to complete one rotation on its own axis. Because of its rotation, there is day and night.
11. Earth takes approx. 365 days to complete one rotation of the sun.
12. Earth is tilted 23.4 degrees on its axis. The tilt of the earth creates four seasons: spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
13. The first image of Earth is taken on the 24th of October 1946.
14. The moon is distancing itself from Earth about one inch every year.
15. The Earth has seven continents: Antarctica, North America, Africa, Europe, South America, Asia, and Australia.
16. The largest continent is Asia and the smallest continent is Australia.
17. The Earth has Five oceans:
- The Arctic Ocean
- The Pacific Ocean
- The Atlantic Ocean
- The Indian Ocean
- The Southern Ocean
18. The largest ocean is the Pacific Ocean.
19. The Blue Whale is the largest mammal on Earth.
- Essay on Visit to a ZOO
- Essay on Summer Season in English for Kids
- Essay on my mother
- Essay on my father
- Essay on Horses
- Essay on My School
- Essay on my country India
- Essay on Cow in English for Kids
- Essay on My Best Friend
- 20 lines about myself for kids
- 10 lines about myself for kids
- Christmas Essay for Kids