Facts about elephants
1. There are two species of elephants found on the earth.
2. Asian Elephant and African Elephant
3. Elephants are the world’s largest land mammals.
4. The weight of the African elephant is 4000 – 7500 kg.
5. Elephants’ Trunks never stop growing.
6. Elephants spend between 12 to 18 hours eating plants, grass, and fruits in a day.
7. Elephants smell their food by the trunk.
8. Elephants create about one ton of poo per week.
9. Elephants use their trunk to suck up water to drink.
10. Elephants’ trunks can contain up to 8 liters of water.
11. Elephants’ trunk is actually a long nose.
12. The trunk of an elephant is used to drink, smell, pick up food, touch, and communicate.
13. Elephants can live up to 70 years.
14. Elephants have very good memories, they never forgot things.
15. Elephants have around 150,000 muscle units in their trunks.
16. Elephants’ brains can weigh up to 5.4 kg.
17. The elephant’s brain is the largest among all animals living on land.