Skip to content
Facts about elephants
- There are two species of elephants found on the earth.
- Asian Elephant and African Elephant
- Elephants are the world’s largest land mammal.
- The weight of the African elephant is 4000 – 7500 kg.
- Elephants Trunks never stop growing.
- Elephants spend between 12 to 18 hours eating plants, grass, and fruits in a day.
- Elephants smell their food by the trunk.
- Elephants create about one ton of poo per week.
- Elephants use their trunk to suck up water to drink.
- Elephants’ trunks can contain up to 8 liters of water.
- Elephant’s trunk is actually a long nose.
- The trunk of an elephant is used to drink, smell, pick up food, touch, and communicate.
- Elephants can live up to 70 years.
- Elephants have very good memories, they never forgot things.
- Elephants have around 150,000 muscle units in their trunks.
- Elephants’ brains can weigh up to 5.4 kg.
- The Elephants’ brain is the largest among all animals living on land.
Elephants Facts Video for kids