Continents are a very large landmass of the earth.
The earth has 7 continents Seven continents of the world.
- North America
- South America
Asia is the biggest and Australia is the smallest.
- Asia is the earth’s largest and most populous continent.
- It has 48 countries and occupies 30% of the world’s total landmass.
- Asia is Surrounded in the east by the Pacific Ocean, in the north by the Arctic Ocean, and in the south by the Indian Ocean.
- Mount Everest is the highest mountain located on the Asia continent, its elevation is about 8848 m.
- Africa is the 2nd largest continent in the world.
- It has 54 Countries and occupies 20% of the total landmass.
- Africa is surrounded in the east by the Indian Ocean and in the west by the Atlantic Ocean.
- The Sahara Desert is located on this continent.
- The world’s longest river Nile is situated in Africa.
- North America is the third largest continent in the world.
- It has 23 countries and occupies 16.5% of the total landmass.
- The statue of liberty and Niagara Falls lies on the North American continent.
- South America is the fourth largest continent.
- Angle Fall and the amazon rainforest lies on the South American continent.
- Antarctica is the earth’s southernmost continent.
- Antarctica is the coldest, driest and windiest continent.
- Antarctica is home to the Penguin species.
- Europe is the second smallest continent in the world.
- Europe and Asia are not really separate. They are both parts of one piece of land. This land is called Eurasia.
- Australia is the smallest continent in the world.
- It is the only continent that has only one country Australia.
- Australia is the home of the Kangaroos.