Biography of Nelson Mandela
Name : Nelson Mandela
Nick Name : Madiba
Childhood Name : Rolihlahla
Born : 18 July 1918
Occupation : First President of South Africa
Political Party : African National Congress
Award : Noble Prize (2003)
Died : 5 December 2013
A short story of Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela was born on 18 July 1918 in South Africa.
His father’s name was Gadla Henry, and his mother was Nosekeni Fanny.
At a younger age, Mandela was called Rolihlahla.
He was the first president of South Africa and is considered the father of South Africa.
He won the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1993.
He was an important person because he established democracy peacefully in south Africa.
His campaign against the oppressive government led him to 27 years in prison.
In South Africa, there was a huge racial division between white and black.
White enjoys all the Privileges like – Good Jobs, home, access to a good school, and better healthcare, and they build a rich community.
On the other side, black worked in low-paid jobs, they have poor communities and fewer rights, even were not allowed to vote in elections.
In 1994 Nelson Mandela joined a political group named the African National Congress (ANC) for the equal rights of white and black.
So, Nelson Mandela becomes an important person who removes the discrimination between whites and blacks.
He died on 5th December 2013.
- 20 Lines about Rani Laxmibai
- 15 Lines about Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel for kids
- 15 Lines about Subash Chandra Bose for kids
- 20 Lines about Bhagat Singh – Bhagat Singh Biography for Kids
- 10 lines about Indira Gandhi
- 15 Lines about Jawahar Lal Nehru
- 10 lines about Mangal Pandey
- 14 lines about Muhammad Ali
- Some important points about Sachin Tendulkar
- Some important points about Nikola Tesla
- Some important points about Alfred Noble
- 19 lines about Mahatma Gandhi for kids
- A short story of Nelson Mandela