|Born||19 July 1827|
|Father’s Name||Diwakar Pandey|
|Mother’s Name||Abhay Rani|
|Died||8 April 1857|
1. Mangal Pandey was a brave Indian soldier, in the British East India Company’s army.
2. He was born in a village in the Ballia district, Utter Pradesh near the Ganges River.
3. He joined the British East India Company’s army and served as a sepoy, a soldier in the infantry.
4. He was a sepoy in the 34th Bengal Native Infantry (BNI) regiment of the British East India Company.
5. In 1857, Mangal Pandey became famous for his rebellion against the British.
6. He refused to use the new cartridges of rifles which were believed to be greased with pig and cow fat.
7. This led to a mutiny by other sepoys, and the Indian Rebellion of 1857, made a lot of noise.
8. Mangal Pandey was arrested and sentenced to death, but his courage inspired others to fight till their last breath.
9. Several movies and books have been made on his life and rebellion.
10. Mangal Pandey was hanged on 8th April 1857.
- 20 Lines about Rani Laxmibai
- 15 Lines about Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel for kids
- 15 Lines about Subash Chandra Bose for kids
- 20 Lines about Bhagat Singh – Bhagat Singh Biography for Kids
- 10 lines about Indira Gandhi
- 15 Lines about Jawahar Lal Nehru
- 10 lines about Mangal Pandey
- 14 lines about Muhammad Ali
- Some important points about Sachin Tendulkar
- Some important points about Nikola Tesla
- Some important points about Alfred Noble
- 19 lines about Mahatma Gandhi for kids
- A short story of Nelson Mandela